About the fund
Aims and purpose of the fund
The aims of the fund
- to keep the contribution rate as constant as possible at reasonable cost to the taxpayers
- to manage employers’ liabilities effectively
- to ensure that sufficient resources are available to meet all liabilities as they fall due
- to maximise the returns from investments within reasonable risk parameters.
The purpose of the fund
- is to receive monies in respect of contributions, transfer values and investment income
- is to pay out monies in respect of scheme benefits, transfer values, costs, charges and expenses as defined in the relevant government regulations.
The aim of investment pooling is to use the combined buying power of partnered funds to reduce costs, improve investment returns and widen the range of available asset classes for investment – all for the benefit of local government pensioners, employees and employers. LGPS Central (“the Pool”) is the asset pool which Nottinghamshire Pension Fund jointly owns with seven other LGPS funds in order to meet the government’s criteria for investment pooling issued in November 2015. The Pool has obtained FCA authorisation and manages collective investment vehicles on behalf of the participating funds.
The other partner funds are:
- Cheshire Pension Fund
- Derbyshire Pension Fund
- Leicestershire Pension Fund
- Shropshire Pension Fund
- Staffordshire Pension Fund
- West Midlands Pension Fund
- Worcestershire Pension Fund
The LGPS Central Joint Committee consists of one elected member from each Council of the eight partner funds. The Committee meets twice per year, and its papers are available (after clicking, scroll down and expand the section entitled "LGPS Central Joint Committee").
Annual Report and AGM
Recent Nottinghamshire Pension Fund annual reports
The Fund’s annual meeting will be held virtually on Monday 17 January 2022 starting at 1.30pm. The link to this year’s meeting can be found on the County Council meeting diary at: http://www.nottinghamshire.gov.uk/dms/Meetings.aspx
Members of the Fund are invited to submit questions to be answered at the AGM, to which the following conditions apply:
• Questions must be submitted in writing at least 10 working days before the meeting.
• All questions will receive a written answer which will be published on the website but a maximum of 1 hour will be set aside in the meeting to respond to questions. Priority in the meeting will be given to scheme employers and members of the Nottinghamshire Pension Fund.
• Where questions are on similar themes, the questions will be grouped together and receive one answer in the meeting.
Please email your questions, with the subject heading "AGM Question", to email@example.com
- Annual Report 2020/21
- Auditor's consistency opinion (Nov 2021)
- Annual Report 2019/20
- Annual Report 2018/19
- Annual Report 2017/18
- Annual Report 2016/17
- Annual Report 2015/16
- Annual Report 2014/15
- Annual Report 2013/14
- Annual Report 2012/13
Documents from 21 January 2021 Pension Fund AGM
- Actuary Presentation
- AGM Questions and Responses - Individual
- AGM Questions and Responses - AGM
- Financial Management Presentation
- Investment Performance Presentation
- Pensions Administration Presentation
- Transforming Pension Administration update
Presentations from 3 October 2019 AGM
Presentations from 4 October 2018 AGM
- Investment Performance
- Management & Financial Performance
- Pensions Administration
- AGM Questions
Presentations from 2017 AGM
This section gives details and links about the pension fund investment strategy.View page
Governance & strategies
This section explains the governance and strategies applicable to the administration of the fund.View page
This page outlines the Pension Fund's approach to Responsible InvestmentView page